Since our beliefs are based on God’s word, we believe that they are not a fad or a trend. Our beliefs begin and end with God’s word. We believe it is where truth begins and ends.
1. The Bible is the bottom line.
It is living, powerful, without error, and holds all the truth we need for living in today’s world. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21; Hebrews 4:12)
2. There is only one true God…
revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10-11; Matthew 28:19)
3. Jesus is God.
He really was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and worked many miracles. (Matthew 1:23; John 3:16; Hebrews 7:26; 1 Peter 2:22; Acts 10:38)
4.Man by his own choice messed up and fell in sin.
(Genesis 1:26, 27; 2:17; 3:6; Romans 5:12-19)
5. Jesus died for our sins.
Although we don’t deserve it we can be saved because Jesus died in our place paying the price for our sins. (Luke 24:47; John 3:3; Romans 10:13-15; Ephesians 2:8; 4:24)
6. Jesus was resurrected bodily from the grave,
ascended back to His Father, and will physically return to earth to rule in power and glory for a thousand years.
7. Water baptism and Holy Communion…
are the two ordinances of the church. (Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16; 2 Pet 1:4)
8. The Holy Spirit can change and empower your life.
He makes us a new creation in Christ and empowers believers through the baptism in the Holy Spirit as in Acts 2:4. (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-8; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31; John 7:37-39; Acts 2:42, 43)
9. We ought to live right, act right and become more like Jesus.
(Romans 12:1, 2; 1 Thessalonians 5:23; Heb 12:4; 13:12; 1 Pet 1:5,15-16)
10. The church’s job is to help people find God.
(Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 3:10; John 4:23, 24; 1 Corinthians 12:28; 14:12)
11. God still heals the sick.
(Isaiah 53:4, 5; Matthew 8:16, 17; James 5:14-16)
12. We believe Jesus Christ is coming back again to receive His church.
We call this the Rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; Acts 1:9-11). We believe the rapture will be followed by the
13. Great Tribulation and then Jesus will return
to rule for a thousand years of peace on earth. (Revelation 20:4-6)
14. There is a final judgment…
of all mankind determining those that will spend eternity with Christ and those who will spend it in torment for rejecting Christ (Revelation 20:11-15).
Besides our beliefs, we also hold to some intrinsic values that dictate how we operate, how we lead, and how we treat others.
- Family – A caring community that serves compassionately, provides an atmosphere of acceptance, and a structure for accountability
- Generosity – Cultivating a culture of generosity that is contagious
- Discipleship – Salvation is a process not an event, it is an ongoing and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and His disciples
- Multiplication – Equipping people to lead and releasing them to serve at home and around the world.
- Excellence – Continually growing and improving and doing what we do under the banner of Jesus Christ at the highest level possible given our resources
- Outreach – Serving our community and the world through giving, going, serving, and sending
- Change – that results in growth; growth equals change. You can change without growing, but you cannot grow without changing